Friday, July 31, 2009

How do I make graphics in C++?

Hi ...


I just started learning C++ today, so I'm a complete n00b , but I got up to making while, do while, for loops and input/output statements/ variables/data classes / break statements








My question is I don't understand how you have graphics/games ...it looks like it's all text based ... I know this sounds retarded because I don't know anything yet, but


can somebody tell me how I could make a very basic graphic game or something





and I also wanted to make a chat room bot -





I know there must be some kind of link between the internet and c++ compiler, but where would I have to search to get this information / where should I start looking








thanks.

How do I make graphics in C++?
Your a long ways away from making a game in C++. If your using an SDK like VS2005 then you can easily make pre-fabbed forms using the form wizards. Otherwise you have to construct what you want from basically the ground up. If you want a window you have to create a window giving it the styles and depth that you want. That's just your main window. You then need to do the same for every button, edit control, and everything else that you want inside of the parrent control. If you just want to make graphics maybee C++ isn't what you are looking for. Although you could take a deeper look into Direct X and some game design books.
Reply:OpenGL for 3D junk.


For basic 2D use Qt, WxWindows etc.

imperial

No comments:

Post a Comment